Saturday, May 14, 2011
Netspeak -- Common Language Search
Put this on my Blog for Writers. This is a great way to check and see if the phrase or the word you've used is common enough in today's vernacular to be recognizable by most audiences. Ever use a phrase and realize you've got the wrong audience? I began a speech with, "You can't polish a horse apple" it hit the floor and lay there dead as a doornail. Besides KNOW THY AUDIENCE it might be a good idea to look up your word here: Netspeak -- Common Language Search Here's what they think about dead as a doornail, not a modern phrase, but still I didn't know it follows dead as a 28.6% of the time, nor did I know there is a novel by that name - there was a Wiki link.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment